Wisbech Tennis Club (WTC) is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the well-being of all its members. The club believes that it is important that members, coaches, administrators and parents/guardians associated with the club should, at all times, show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of others.
As a member of WTC, or the parent/guardian of a junior member, you are expected to abide by the following code of conduct:
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of age, gender, ability, race, cultural background, religious beliefs or sexual identity.
- Support and encourage junior members to enjoy tennis and appreciate good performance not just results; set a good example by recognising fair play and publicly accept judgements made by officials.
- Be prepared to mix- in with all players at an adult club night.
- Look after the courts and club by:
- Only playing on the grass courts during the summer season.
- Brushing the artificial-clay courts at the end of play.
- Using the lights correctly – following the procedure displayed in the clubhouse.
- Lowering nets at the end of play.
- Ensuring the clubhouse and courts are locked on departure.
- Wearing suitable footwear that does not damage the surface.
- Taking all litter home.
- Parking in a considerate manner and not blocking access on the farm track.
Also note that:
- WLTC accepts no responsibility for loss, damage or injury sustained by members while playing at the club except where direct negligence can be demonstrated.
- Junior members are welcome to use the courts at any time, subject to availability, but the club cannot accept responsibility for juniors not supervised by an adult.
- If playing in matches members are expected to pay the required match fee to the team captain and make a contribution to refreshments or travel.
By signing the membership application form you are agreeing to abide by this code of conduct